Key Paradigm Benefits
Adopting Learning & Performance paradigm disciplines, methods and technology are consistently driving extraordinary return on investment across many industries by placing "Business Process GPS" tools into the hands of the workforce during their first Point-of-Entry training experiences...AND...most importantly...at the Point-of-Work.
- Decrease training development time
- Decrease training delivery time
- Shorten time-to-competency
- Reduce extended search time @ point-of-work
- Reduce or eliminate Help Desk calls
- Eliminate costly errors @ point-of-work
- Reduce user frustration @ point of work and ultimately...attrition
- Increase client satisfaction
Beneficiaries in this paradigm shift include Call Centers and organizations using ERP, CRM and any other business enterprise systems...including legacy mainframe applications. This paradigm is not limited to system-based applications and may include any type of workflow or process undertaken by the workforce.
Check out how productivity accelerators (shown below) translate into tangible benefits and often drive ROI payback in the same year as the initial investment...or less!
- Reduce Workflow Content Development by 70%+ by using a simple-to-use authoring platform that renders single-source documentationover tools beyond current tools like Captivate and RoboHelp
- Reduce Training Time by 50%+ by integrating Point-of-Work into task-centric, role-specific, scenario-based exercises by integrating performance technology
- Reduce Reliance on Remembering Training Content by providing instructions/guidance within the workflow while inside the business application
- Rapid Update of Training Content by making "one" change to a "single point of truth" through the power of single-source documentation
- Improved Content Governance through version control, previous version rollback and workflow review and approval processes
- Visibility of Content Utilization Improved through robust reporting of content accessed by volume and user role
Contact Call Centers
Customer Call/Contact Centers represent a "sweet spot" for this approach. The benefits shown below will vary by each implementation; however, the magnitudes of savings and improvements are significant enough to provide ROI payback within the first year or less.
- First Call Resolution (FCR) improved by 20% by accessing critical information within the context of application workflows
- Reduction of Costs for Repeat Calls 30% by handling customer issues on first call
- Reduced Training Time and Costs by 40%+ by shifting training approach to role-specific workflow issues using embedded performance support content directly from the EPS system during training
- Time to Proficiency Reduced by 50%+ by enabling successful work within the systems used by providing step-by-step guidance when needed by the Agent
- Reduced Average Call Handlling (ACH) Time by 10%+ by delivering critical information within the workflow based on "who" needs it and "where" they are while actively working inside the workflow
- Decreased Error Rates by 80%+ by providing guidance in the context of the workflow
- Reduced Help Desk Escalations by 75% by providing the Agents with direct access to information neceessary to answer question in context at the moment of need
- Decreased Agent Attrition by 20%+ by dramatically reducing Agent frustration and increasing confidence using multiple work systems
- Increased Customer Satifaction Scores by enabling Agents to handle calls promptly on the first call
Another "sweet spot" for DPS performance technology involves workflows and processes that utilize one or more enterprise business systems like SAP, Oracle, SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc. Work processes that cross multiple systems and require access to remote knowledge bases in the course of a workflow are seamlessly covered by "system-agnostic" DPS performance technology.
- Back-Office System Usage Productivity Increased 45% by providing guidance within the context of system usage and direct access to suplemental information while never leaving the application
- Process-Related Errors Reduced by 90% through guidance on the same screen as the application
- Decreased Training Time for new system impelmentations by 50% through narrowing training time to task-centric learning exercises that are role-specific that receive hands-on experiences with actual support system used at Point of Work
- Rapid Notification of Changes Within the Workflow by "pushing" relevant updates by roleas changes are published
- Improved Content Governance by built-in version control and approval workflows
- Workflow Documentation Improved 70%+ by using powerful Single-Source Documentation authoring features
- Compliance Breaches Avoided by 80%+ by onscreen guidance within actual system workflows
- Decreased Search Time from an average number of "clicks" of 45 down to 5 or less to find critical information from multiple sources and knowledge bases
- Minimal IT Involvement as new performance technology is often browser-based and requires no coding hooks inside the host application(s) covered.
- No Hardware Investment since most implementations are secure, cloud-based SaaS deployments easily scalable from small pilots to large enterprise-wide implementtions - From small company installations of 15 users to global enterprises of 50,000 or more.
Address Moments of Need
@ the Point-of-Work
...in the workflow
...inside the application